Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Well...today I touched a little deeper into challenging dominance. I've really only been playing the first 4 games, and advancing them everyday. The circling game, sideways game, and squeeze are very challenging for me. I'm very afraid that when I have to "tag" my horse because he is so unmotivated, that he'll explode. He'll come over the top of me, kick me in the head, then run over me, and then sky will fall suffocating me. I know that's unrealistic, but seems very possible when I'm in the situation.
So, today I got on the other side of the fence. He rampages this way and that until the fence stops him. So I let him for awhile until the adrenaline came down, and he was doing it somewhat more coolly. At one point he just turned away from me, and walked away. I tagged his hindquarters, and he reared! So high, and so close to the fence I thought his front end might come over it. hmm. how interesting -- when the hind end is tagged, the front end comes up. A little bit later he walked away again. I tagged his HQ and pulled his head slightly toward me. THIS time he let out one HUGE kick, and all 4 feet came off the ground. Okay. One more calm lap, and I had to quit. That all got way to close to my theory of the sky falling. Will try again tomorrow. Not much enticement to ride.

Followers