Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Well it's been buisy around here lately, and so much fun.........most of the time.

Rascal -- So I've been learning about handling a green horses feet, and it's not as stressful(for me, ha!) as I thought it was. Rascal is doing great. Today we even tryed out figure 8 with barrels, and sending over a pole. He's a little skeptical as he is with almost everything, but put a lot of effort in.

Pepper -- I filmed my level 1 with Pep last week, and we are heading well into level 2 online! Can't seem to get my video loaded to youtube though. We tryed a little bit of liberty. It was interesting, and I'll be looking forward to trying more.

Tucker -- The first few days he was here was kinda stressful for him. He took to our mare a little too well, and wouldn't let us touch either of them. From what I saw, he was looking for leadership, and no-one was willing to give it to him, so he took over. He's much much calmer now, and has a pasture to himself. I try to play with him everyday, and I think he'll turn out to be a great horse....with a little leadership.

Saturday we went to Atwood Ranch to watch a level 3 clinic. It was so insightful. Very interesting to see that everything they did in the L3 finesse was what I had taken so many lessons on years ago. I can't wait to dive into it with Tucker, plus have all the other savvy's to go along with it. It looked like such fun!
Then afterwards we got a tour of the beautiful ranch, with the rollings hills and wildflowers blooming everywhere. All the horses were so friendly and I had a blast meeting them all and learning how the ranch operates. I think we'll be going back this summer for more clinics.

Followers