Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I've realized i've been having a hard time with the patterns, not because I don't like them, but because I think I have more wiggle room than I'm used to having! When I used to take lessons with my horses, I felt that I could never even ride my own horse without having the instructor there. I didn't have a full view picture of what we were doing, so was afraid to mess things up.
So it was difficult starting level 1 and not have somebody telling me if what I was doing was correct! But it was a step by step process, and I progressed.
Now the patterns are more of a checklist...which can be step by step. They really are fantastic and have me thinking much more creatively and for myself. But I feel scattered. I need to create for myself a plan each day(isn't that what I try to do for people I teach?) to begin with the end in mind, and be ready to adjust to fit the situation. I know these things, just need to put them to practice.
The boys are doing well. Although I'm getting frustrated about Tuckers weight situation. We started a new hay this week which is supposed to be a weight builder, so we'll see.

1 comment:

Kristen Reichardt said...

Hi Sandy! My name is Kristen Reichardt and I just got your blog info. I used to own Tucker up until the end of last summer, when I went off to college. I had him for 6 years before that, so it was really hard to give him up. It is SO great to hear what you've been doing with him. It makes me really happy to know that he's now in a home where somebody "speaks his language". Way to go with all the progress you have made with him! I will continue to read through your blog. Good luck in your journey to colorado for next year! Feel free to contact me with any pictures or updates that you want to share
krinnie_95@hotmail.com

Followers