Thursday, February 18, 2010

So many plans are being finalized, that the reality of going to Colorado is setting in.
I now have a place to stay, and a loooooooong to-do list until then.

We've had a lovely few days of sunshine here(though I hear more rain is on it's way as I type). I pulled Tuck out and we worked more on online transitions and change of direction. His transition into the canter is getting much better. I think I finally took a hint in change of direction too -- waiting for him to give me 2 eyes made things much more fluid.
Things were feeling well this afternoon......and then it hit me, "justonemore" syndrome kicked in. "Just one more change of direction..." I thought. As I asked him out onto the circle, something sprang up in TuckerBoy and a RBE slowly emerged. I felt like a kid hanging onto a kitestring on an over-blustery day! I abandoned the line(or course...what else does a damsel in distress do?) and watched Tuck zip around the property with my rope trailing behind him.
Just then my sister came out with the phone saying someone wanted to talk to me. What a time for a phonecall! Wondering just where Tucker would stop I took the phone, and much to my relief saw him stop by the house a few seconds later. I sat on my porch letting Tuck catch his breath as I listened to my unknowing friend chat on, not knowing the fiasco I just caused.
After getting to hang up we headed over to the roundpen. I finished the pattern we were working on before the gunfire, and asked poor Tuck to come in for a loooooong rest and a scratch. It was nice to have that bit of bonding time with him. He stayed with my for a long time yawning, licking his lips, and wanting to roll...but not with the dogs around.

Tomarrow I'm hoping we can chill a bit more, and not have such a demanding(not to mention highly physical!) play time!

No comments:

Followers