Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wow! What a day yesterday was!

I spent awhile with Tuck working on transitions and change of direction online. I have a hard time being a pansy about letting horses crowd my space. So I tried to be a little more assertive about asking him to swing out and around me when we change direction.

After that I headed out with Rascal. He has just transformed into a different horse. I just want to remind you that Rascal came to me a year ago in December. I was in between levels horses, and one of my friends said she had a pony who had a bad past, and she just didn't have time for. I asked if I could help get him able to have his feet handled to he could be trimmed and ready for sale. That was not to be. he was afraid of everything! And I loved him! I couldn't sneeze without him leaving the planet! Eventually he figured out that the noise of candy wrappers opening was a good noise, and maybe I was worth looking into...
Yesterday we played with circling a squeeze games. I sent him over logs and through ditches, and played with his feet and swung the rope over his back. I parked him next to a log and started playing more over his back. I would jump and flop on my belly so my arms dangled on one side, and my feet on the other. I rubbed his belly and waved my feet around. He handled it sooo well that I decided to slip a leg over! He handled it great! I did it 3 times, and then we went for a little walk! It was like I had done it everyday for the last year! He kept his head low, and even yawned and licked his lips. I'm so excited about the things we'll be able to do together! And the things he'll be able to do together with Tuck! We'll all have such fun!

No comments:

Followers