Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm having a great time with Tuck in level 3 online and liberty. Yesterday we played at liberty outside the round pen. It was perfect! He was very attentive even in the lush green grass we were playing in.
He has also been loading and unloading like a pro. Now we both just have to get comfortable with closing the divider and heading off down the road!
I feel like my ground skills far exceed my riding skills, and my freestyle still feels so sloppy. Tucker is bored with the round pen, but it's where I keep going to, to learn and teach whatever we're having difficulty with. It will be nice to have 4 weeks of guidance in this area. I guess I'll just continue to chip away at it until then. I have to remind myself that I spent over a year just on the ground...so it's no wonder I feel more comfortable and competent there.
I am still keeping up with Rascal and even Pepper as well. Pepper is weird, and just sort of checked out yesterday in the middle of the round pen. So I let him chill there while I played with Tucker.
I've ridden Rascal about 4 times now, and he's starting to understand the concept of "go" but I'm not pushing him. That plucky little guy sure is comfy though!

How many days? I think it's something like 64...

No comments:

Followers