Saturday, July 11, 2009

Well, I am back after a week away at kids camp as a counselor. It was fun, and I loved being in the area with my church family for a whole week. I was glad to come home to my own shower and bed though.
I also came home to my "riding package" from the savvy sale. It included freestyle and finesse patterns, along with calm ride, and natural collection dvd's. The more I see and learn about dressage the more my fascination and desire to learn increases. I think the excises and ingredients leading up to dressage will be a fantastic way to teach Tucker to use his muscles better.
We had people over on the 4th of July, and Tucker have pony rides to all the kids. He did wonderfully with all of them, and stayed very tuned into me as he packed around his cargo. But I was really able to take notice of how he moves, and it was obvious why his muscling is the way it is. The way he carries himself clearly shows where he lacks, and I can't wait to begin teaching him where to stretch and he can be more comfortable. Little things that seemed so small to me before are suddenly standing out as something he's telling me needs to change. Like mounting, he tosses his head slightly, he doesn't like transitions, and lateral flexion was difficult when he first got here but has gotten much better. Anyways, I'm so excited to be able to help him, and think it will be a fun journey to improve work on. Not to mention that the collection and finesse will first begin in my body, and I'm looking forward to learning how improving my own seat will help Tucker.

No comments:

Followers