Friday, July 17, 2009

It has been hot! hot! hot!! So I get out with the boys when I can, but really feel myself, and them dragging when the temps get over 100.
Rascal is just doing wonderfully. His confidence has made leaps and bounds. I was even able to spray his legs with the hose yesterday. He loves water, and I am trying to preserve that play drive. With approach and retreat he eventually let me wet his feet while he tryed to catch the water drops on his lips. He even rolled in the dirt when I turned the hose off. He's getting very clever with his lips, and I'm excited about teaching him to use them for fun things, especially now that he's not worried about objects. I'm really starting to understand what Pat means, "there isn't anything you can't do when the horse becomes a part of you". Now that I have his trust, and have built a relationship, we can do anything!! And I can't wait.

No comments:

Followers