Wednesday, October 7, 2009

As lovely fall weather sets in, Tuck and I are gaining leaps and bounds in freestyle! It's fantastic. Loping is going great. His strides are so long I hardly feel like we're moving.
We're ALMOST out of level 2 freestyle. I know I've been saying that for months. But I took my time to really go through the patterns, and we really are almost done know. I am soooo ready to tie that blue sting to my belt loop.
Yesterday we were trying out the question box pattern. I didn't spend a ton of time on it, because I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. So I'll watch that pattern today. He felt so in tune, that I took the hackamore off, and went for a short bridless ride. It was fantastic, and got me to do way less micromanaging with my reins.
Now, the task will be keeping all this up without drilling him! I've had running through my head this last week, "we've all heard of horses who've run faster and jumped higher out of heart and desire".
Oh yeah! We also sent in my CO application for next summer! So I'll be awaiting a phone call about that! YAHOO!

No comments:

Followers