Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Horses and Highways

I turned 20 on Saturday, and have had a great week. It really was more like a birthday week than anything. But Sat some friends came over and we indulged in worship, study, games, fellowship, and great food of course! It was a spectacular day, and know I am so blessed to have such people with beautiful hearts.
Sunday we were desperate for hay, so loaded up in the truck and headed out to pile 20 bales in 103 degree heat. I was exhausted on the drive home, but as we headed down the highway, we saw a couple of ladies trying to manage about 6 horses on the side of the road. We pulled off to see if they needed help. One of their tires blew out, so we jumped into the juggling act of moving around horses. They were actually fantastic with trucks flying by, tools being flung around, and horses beating on the trailer. It was a BFO for me though in that I want Tucker to be that good in new places. So we're now working hard at backing out of the trailer so we can start taking trips around town.
We're working hard on level 2 freestyle, and Lord willing everything go according to schedule, we will be starting level 3 freestyle next week. yay! I think it'll be fun, and think Tuck likes the pace we're learning at. I do too. Short and interesting!
That's all for now, lots to look forward to and work at!

No comments:

Followers