Monday, April 21, 2008


Avery is so different from Pepper. He is very left brain, and clever! I had a hard time keeping up with his quick thinking today.
I asked him to circle around and go through 2 trees, a task we have done many times before. Well he decided to just wrap around both trees, and THEN go through them! What a tangled mess my rope was!
He doesn't like the circling game, it's too predictable for him. He knows what's going to happen, and doesn't understand why I keep asking him to circle. So we don't do that long before moving on to the next game.
I had him standing with his front feet up on a pallet, and he was doing well...but when I asked for all 4 feet the pallet broke, his foot fell through the slats, and a few large pieces of wood went shooting out from under him. He perked his ears forward and manuvered his foot out carefully, and casually, as if he had only found a new puzzle to work out.
Such a smart horse, I can't wait to see what kinds of things we'll be able to accomplish.

Followers