Wednesday, April 16, 2008

a bit of an intro

A few months ago I started with Parelli Natural Horsemanship. With how far I've come, and with what goals I have, I thought it would be fun to start a blog. Maybe it's only fun for me, but I'm more than happy to share with those who are interested in what I'm up to.

I'll start this entry by telling you about what all this is about.

I have 2 horses. One is a real sweetheart, but has been through a lot, and is quite unpredictable when ridden. The other I bought as a 2 year old, and through a matter of events, he is still rather green.

I aquired an extream fear of all horses the last couple years. And it's been very difficult to deal with. When we brought them home for the first time in about a year, I had trouble leading, and managing my horse let alone riding. I was ready to give up horses all togather. It wasn't worth the fear, frustrations, and feeling like a failure, to keep them.
It was then I saw Pat and Linda for the second time at the horse expo, and was fascinated. Not just by them but by their students. I knew if they could do these things with they're horses, then I could too! I decided to be dedicated to the program, and knew I would get results.

I got Level 1 last Setember for my birthday, and have now moved on to Level 2. There are 3 levels to complete at home. After that I can go to the Parelli center in Colorado.We haven't started riding yet, but I look forward to that very soon. But I know I can do anything with my horse, and cause him to WANT to do it, because of understanding the horses psychology!

I've learned about how the horse thinks, and about his body language. It's REALLY cool, and super helpful. I hope someday to be on the Savvy Team, like the students I saw that day, and help people help their horses, and feel GOOD about it!

keep it natural

Followers