Friday, June 19, 2009

Well, it was a lot of waiting for Tuckers eye to get better. It still looks...different. And now he's been limping on his front right. I guess he needed some time off. So I've been trying to get him to gain a little weight too.
I started liberty with Rascal. It went fairly well. We just practiced a bit of the first 3 games and catch me. I'm still suprised at how quickly he recovers now after something scares him. It used to be if I was the one who took him by suprise, he would stare at me a moment(like, "I cannot believe you just did that"), then explode. And it would be awhile before we could pick things back up. And he doesn't really explode anymore. He checks in with a quick "am I okay? am I okay?" and we're on to something else. So plunking our way along.
Pepper...still so strange to me. One minute he almost looks rideable, and I consider slipping a leg over. Then next I'm chasing him down the road. No joke. And that unpredictablity is why I'm not riding him yet. Had I never met this horse before I would have gotten on yesterday, but I knew better. Sigh. He's such a cute, clever little horse I would love to ride. Maybe we'll get there someday.

No comments:

Followers