Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mr.Parelli always tells us, "if horses could scream the sound would be deafening". And last night I got a little wake up call to listen a little more carefully.
We got home from a wednesday night church service when I realized I forgot to feed the horses before we left. As we headed out back, I realized Tucker was still in his stall pacing back and forth. I have been bringing him in during the day to have some hay to himself. I was irretated because I thought he was upset that he couldn't see the other horses, I thought we had worked past this problem. I even told my mom that I was worried about him being ready to make the trip to CO next year with such high emotion. We wanted to catch him to put him back out with the other geldings, but there was no way I was going in that stall with him. So mom went to grab Twistie so he could see her, and maybe calm down...but she was already in plain sight. But mom headed around the corner to look at her, when she saw our goat was out with his leg dangling. He had been attacked by a dog. We were able to get a vet out and help our pour mangled Sammy Goat.
While we were waiting for the vet, Tucker calmly came over, put his head in the halter, and we walked out to the pasture. He knew something was wrong, and by making a comotion, drew attention to our goat who we probly wouldn't have seen otherwise. I feel so dumb for being so confused about his behavior. But he was pretty great, and I'm amazed by it all this morning.

No comments:

Followers