Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This week I'm pretty sure the ponies have taken flight several times. The wind here makes it hard to stay ancored down!

I've caught up on some videos in the savvy club vault, and just wanted to get down some thoughts about what I've watched there. I watched a video of Amy and Prince, and she worked on using her seat to communicate to her horse. I loved seeing her use a real phase 1 and quickly get down to a phase 4 when nessacary with the string around Prince's neck, and 2 sticks. She also worked on her weave pattern, she would circle around one pole, and Pat would tell her to really look back at it, and use her stick when needed. She would circlecirclecircle, then move on to the next and do the same thing. I can't wait to try this.
Then I just finished a video of Susan and Dusty(mentioning names for those of you in the savvy club, or for back reference for myself). She was online and worked on the S pattern and the falling leaf. I learned that the S pattern is when you walk backward and ask for a change of direction, and it helps with confidence. The falling leaf is walking forward, and asking for a change of direction and build respect. I need to remember to have better rhythum with my stick. Doing the S patten you can get a nice beat going playing with the change of direction, "1-2. 1-2." It was great and really improved their figure 8.

I'm cold and wet and have a new cookie recipe to try. Snickerdoodles! The ones I've been making taste like egg to me. So hope this one is better!

No comments:

Followers