Saturday, May 30, 2009

I try to get out with the boys early in the morning these days. It's just too hot!

I have been loving the back issues you can now watch on the savvy club website, there is SO much information! I watched one with Pat and his mare Magic giving a segment on bridless riding. It was sooo inspiring and gave me a lot to think about over the next couple days and weeks.
He spoke a lot of the old vaqueros, and how much our horsemanship sports are effected by it...and how far it's changed since the finesse of the vaquero. How you would HAVE to put the relationship first to really be able to have the precision exuberance needed for the sports they played. They rode like they had no reins. And that gave a clear understanding to me what Pat and Linda say when they tell you to bring up or down your energy. I knew it effected your horse, but I had no idea how much you could really use your seat to talk to your horse. How light can you be? And how can that lightness be applied to all savvys?
I really took a lot from the lesson, and look forward to putting it to practice!

Followers