Thursday, May 21, 2009

Well, I was looking forward to my first clinic with Ann Kiser in June. But That was cancelled due to her getting a 3 month trial position in Parelli. I'm stoked for her, and as a future professional always love seeing the program develop.
So what do I do now? I had goals! Well, now I still have goals, but just alone again. I'd love to get Tucker(well, all the boys) loading and traveling well, and at least go a couple places this summer to get used to working off the property. Pep is doing great with the trailer, and loads at liberty. Tuck I think doesn't mind getting in, but is worried about getting out. Can't blame him, he's a big guy!
I've set my eyes on level 3 ground, which is where I should be working having officially passed level 2 ground skills. But I can't seem to make myself believe I've made it that far. Like I still need work in level 2.
Riding is going well. I'm mostly riding bareback these days, and loving it! I can sit the trot now, so am able to work on our L2 riding without a saddle.
Tuckers weight and muscle are very slowly developing. He definitely could use a better topline, and I may experiment with hill therapy.
We'll see!

Followers